Structural Engineer - Rochester, NY
We are currently seeking a full-time Structural Engineer to join our Rochester team. The ideal candidate has experience with wood-frame construction design and application of building codes and reference standards.
- Designs structure and details individual components; prepares schematic structural system.
- Coordinates the project with the Project Architect and other engineerss (e.g. mechanical).
- Oversees the production of specific jobs and completes the drafting and documentation; delegate pieces of design and review work.
- Occasionally meet directly with the client; perform field visits to observe progress.
- Participate in the review of project schedules, construction costs and project status.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must hold a 4 or 5-year undergraduate degree or Master's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology, along with 5 years' or previous experience is required.
- The Structural Engineer must be NYS licensed.
- Experience with wood-frame construction design preferred.
- Experience with application of building coes and reference standards (IBC, ASCE 7, AISC 360, ACI 318, NDS) preferred.
- Be an advanced-level user of RAM and Enercalc.
- Be an intermediate-level user of Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Architectural Desktop and Revit.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills and organizational skills.