Project Architect/Project Manager (Syracuse, NY)
SWBR's Syracuse office is located within Armory Square, and serves the firm's Central New York clientele.
- Develop the concept, budget, design and documentation for the project, having direct communciation with the Client/Owner and any outside consultants. Responsible for the preparations, facilitating and actions items.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the architectural design process and coordinate with the entire project team, including formation of detailed cost estimates.
- Oversee creation of graphic presentations to assist in conveyance of design concept, either by creating the graphic personally or coordinating the completion of the graphic presentation.
- Coordinate with engineering disciplines including mechanical, structural, electrical, fire protection, civil, and environmental engineering divisions.
- Meet with client/owner on a regular basis to communicate the project design. Responsible for preparations, facilitating and follow-ups to such meetings.
- Assist and provide updates to Principal-in-Charge, Branch Manager and Architectural Design team to make sure the design concept is brought through to completion.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Possess a 4-year or 5-year degree from an accredited program in Architecture.
- Have 8-10 years of architectural experience, preferably with Education/K-12, College & University, Housing, Corporate/Commercial and Municipal.
- Demonstrate strong abilities with organization, proactive learning, attention to detail, and efficient working habits.
- Have professional experience - and be proficient with - MS Office Suite, Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Either be licensed in New York or demonstrate ability and motivation to complete the NCARB (National Council of Architectural Registration Boards), AXP (Architectural Experience Program, and obtain licensure in New York within 1-2 years of hire.